BIDDER GROUND RULES - TERMS & CONDITIONS
ABOUT THE AUCTION:
PRIOR TO AUCTION:
1. Registration: You must be registered and have a verified Beckett Auction Services account in good standing. If you are not currently a registered Beckett Auction Services bidder and wish to register, you can create an account by clicking here. By completing the registration, you are accepting all the terms listed below. At the time of registration, you will create a User ID and password, which can be used in all future auctions. All bidder's must be 18 years of age or older. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Buyer's Premium. The Buyer's Premium is 17% for all lots. The bidder acknowledges and agrees that this premium will be added to the hammer price on all individual lots. For example, should you win a lot for $1,000.00 the actual sale price will be $1,170.00 (plus shipping, insurance and sales tax, if applicable).
2. Bidding. All auctions are online only and all bids will only be accepted online. The ending time for the current auction is listed at the top of the auction page. All initial bids must be placed before 9pm CST on the closing night of the auction. The bidder will receive bid confirmations and outbid notifications via e-mail on every lot you are bidding on. Since these e-mails might be identified as spam, the bidder is responsible for keeping track of their bids. Please remember that placing a bid is a legally binding contract and by placing a bid you have agreed to acceptance of our payment terms. Once a bid is placed, it cannot be retracted.
3. Watching Items/Tracking Bids. If you are viewing a lot, but are not ready to place a bid, you can click on the "Watch" button and add that item to your watch list. The auction software is equipped to help you track and follow your bids and watched items through "My Account".
4. Extended Bidding. The entire auction will remain open and active until 15 minutes pass without a bid being placed on ANY lots in the auction. This is known as the "15-Minute Rule". Starting at 9pm CDT, on the last day of the auction, the auction will close at 9pm CDT as long as no bids are placed on any auction lot within a 15 minute span. If, however, a bid is placed within that time span on any auction lot, the entire auction will stay open for another 15 minutes. This process will stay in effect until no bids are placed within a 15 minute time frame on any auction item. To bid on a lot after 9pm CDT, you must have already placed a bid on that lot prior to 9pm CDT. If you are the only bidder on a lot at 9pm CDT on the auction closing date, you will be declared the winner. All final bidding will close no later than 2am CDT and items will be sold to the highest bidder. Please note that some lots may already be closed based on the situations outlined above.
5. Bidding Increments. Items will be sold to the highest bidder. Bids can be no lower than the minimum bid listed on the website. When you are bidding, you will be able to view the current high bid for the lot. When you are ready to bid on a lot, you can view a pull down menu of incremental bid amounts. You can then select the next incremental bid amount or a higher amount. Bid increments are set at 10% increases for all lots for items up to $5,000 and 5% increases for items over $5,000.
6. Minimum Bids and Reserves. The minimum bid is the lowest amount that will be accepted for a particular lot. A reserve price is a confidential minimum price and it is the lowest amount that a consignor will accept for a lot. Any lot that features a reserve price will show if the reserve price has or has not been met. If the reserve price is not met, the lot will not be sold. Most lots do not have reserves.
7. Maximum Bids. The maximum bid is the highest price that you are willing to spend on a lot. When placing this type of bid, you are instructing the auction house to competitively bid on your behalf up to (but not over) the maximum amount you have set, in the standard 10% or 5% bid increments. These bids are not known by us and the software will automatically up a bid within seconds of a topped bid when the maximum bid is in effect, while at the same time allowing you to purchase the lot for the lowest possible price under your maximum bid. If there are multiple maximum bids placed at the same amount, the earliest bidder will be recognized as the high bidder.
8. Product Information. All our descriptions are as accurate and up-to-date as possible. Any population figures associated with graded cards come from BGS, PSA or SGC. There are multiple images of virtually every lot available, as well as any letters of authenticity.
9. Bidding Errors. Before you place a bid, it is up to YOU to make sure you have the correct lot and the correct bid. Beckett Auction Services is not responsible for errors made in the bidding process. Please remember that the bid you place will also have the 17% Buyer's Premium, shipping and insurance added to your final bid. There are no bid retractions and the winning bidder is bound to pay for that lot.
10. Lot Description Errors. Any error to a listing, a description or an image for a lot will be corrected, if possible. Beckett Auction Services reserves the right to remove a lot from an auction at any time if errors are found.
11. In-Person Lot Viewing. You may contact us to view a lot in person prior to the final day of auction close by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All viewings will take place at the Beckett Media LLC headquarters in Dallas, Texas by appointment only.
12. Bidding Rights. Your use of this site is at the sole discretion of Beckett Auction Services, who reserves the right to refuse to accept bids or approve bidders for any reason, with or without cause. In the event of termination of site use, all representations, warranties, indemnifications and promises made by you shall survive. In addition, Beckett Auction Services personnel are not permitted to bid on any lot in the auction.
13. Service Disruption. If, for any reason, our auction is interrupted due to internet issues or malfunction during the final days of bidding, Beckett Auction Services reserves the right to extend, cancel or suspend auctions that have been affected by such an occurrence.
1. Invoicing. Once the auction has closed, you will receive an invoice for the item(s) won via e-mail. This invoice will contain the total, which includes the winning bid amount, the 17% Buyer's Premium amount, shipping amount, insurance amount and sales tax amount (if in Texas). Please do not attempt to make payment until you have received your final invoice, which you will receive by 5pm on the Monday following the auction closing. There is also a 2% discount for paying via cash, check, cashier's check and money order. If you plan on paying this way, please notify us before you send payment and we will adjust your invoice. You can contact us at email@example.com
2. Payment. The accepted forms of payment are by check, money order, cashier's check, credit card (some limits may apply) and Paypal. All invoices should be paid in full within seven (7) days of the close of the auction. Failure to pay your invoice in a timely manner could result in your bidding privileges being revoked in future auctions. You are responsible for any and all bids placed with your User ID and password. Beckett Auction Services reserves the right to turn non-paying bidders over to a collection agency after the payment period has elapsed.
If paying by check or money order, please remit invoice and payment to:
Beckett Auction Services
4635 McEwen Rd.
Dallas, TX 75244
3. Cleared Payment. All payments must be cleared prior to the winning lot being shipped out. There are NO exceptions. Typically, it takes 3-5 business days for a check to clear.
4. Shipping. Shipping and insurance costs are the buyer's responsibility. Please allow 5-7 business days following a cleared payment for items to ship. Most domestic items will be shipped via FedEx Ground or Air or via USPS. All items are shipped insured. For Framed items, we do make every effort to protect the frames through the shipping process; however, we cannot be responsible for damage to framed items.
5. International Shipping. All international items will be shipped via USPS Global Priority Express and will be declared at full value. Beckett Auction Services is not responsible for customs, duties, brokerage and/or similar charges on items shipped internationally.
6. Sales Tax. Items purchased and shipped in the State of Texas will be subject to the 8.25% sales tax, unless the bidder has provided a current tax exempt resale certificate.
7. All Sales Final. All sales are final and no returns are allowed. We strongly encourage bidders to call or e-mail with any questions before placing bids. Though we do our best to accurately describe the condition of ungraded items in our auctions, we cannot guarantee that every lot described by Beckett Auction Services will be graded the same by the bidder or a third party. If you are unsure of anything, ask, THEN bid.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Consignor Bidding and/or Shill Bidding. A consignor is prohibited from placing any bids (or arranging to have bids placed on their behalf by friends or family members) on their own items. Shill Bidding means placing a bid with the intent to drive up the final sale price without the intent to pay and take ownership of the winning lot. Anyone found guilty of this will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and banned from future auctions.
2. Autograph Authentication. Most autographs sold through Beckett Auction Services come with authentication from Beckett Authentic, Frozen Pond, JSA, Mounted Memories, Panini Authentic, PSA/DNA, Steiner, Tri-Star or Upper Deck Authenticated. Some items may come with more than one COA or LOA. If you have any questions with their service, please contact the appropriate organization directly. We are not responsible for items arriving with a COA/LOA from one company that may conflict with the opinions of another company.
3. Graded Cards. Most graded cards sold through Beckett Auction Services come from either BGS, BVG, PSA or SGC. If you have any questions with their service, please contact the appropriate organization directly. We are not responsible for items arriving with a particular grade from one company that may conflict with the opinions of another company.
4. Currency. All bidding amounts are in U.S. dollars.
5. Ownership of Items. Some of the items being offered for sale may be owned by Beckett Media LLC or its subsidiaries or employees of said companies.
6. Non-payment. If a winning bidder does not pay in full, per the auction rules, it is agreed that Beckett Auction Services may, at its sole discretion, sell the lots to the under bidder or offer the lots again in a future auction. The original winning bidder is responsible for any losses incurred or service charges involved in the resale of those lots, and the non-paying winning bidder explicitly agrees to pay all reasonable legal fees incurred by Beckett Auction Services in the collection of these losses. Non-paying bidders are also responsible for interest charges at the rate of 2% per month for all outstanding balances until paid in full.
6. As Is. All lots are sold "as is" to the highest bidder. You are required to read the entire description for a lot thoroughly before placing a bid. Items may not be returned for any reason whatsoever except in the case of fraud. Any claim of fraud must be made at the time the fraud occurs or when the bidder should have known of a fraud and filed in Court within 30 days. Failure to file claim of fraud within 30 days waives any right to redress. All sales are final upon acceptance and payment. .
7. Description of Service. Beckett Auction Services provides its users with an Internet auction service for the purpose of buying and selling personal property. Users agree to provide current, complete and accurate information about themselves and maintain this information.
9. Dispute Resolution Process. Beckett Auction Services is licensed in the State of Texas and therefore as a user of this web site (excluding linked sites) you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to jurisdiction of the Laws of Texas as well as Venue for any and all disputes or claims for any reason whatsoever to be in Texas Federal or State Court. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive any defense of an inconvenient forum or objection to venue with respect to any such action or proceeding. In the event Beckett Auction Services is the prevailing party in any claim, Beckett Auction Services will be entitled to the recovery of all related court and all reasonable attorney fees.
10. Defense and Indemnification. You agree to defend Beckett Auction Services in the first instance against any claim brought against Beckett Auction Services as a result of your activity in utilizing this web site. You also agree to indemnify and hold completely harmless Beckett Auction Services and its affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including without limitation claims based upon the negligence of Beckett Auction Services, arising from or related to your use of the site, the materials it contains and any sites linked to this site.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties. Beckett Auction Services anticipates that you are an experienced user of web technology and if you are not an experienced user of web technology, you should not be utilizing this web site. You expressly understand and agree that your use of this web site is at your sole risk as a sophisticated and experienced purchaser and seller of auction related items. The site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Beckett Auction Services disclaims all express warranties and there are no implied warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, non-infringement, quality, performance, non-interference with information, and accuracy of informational content. There is no warranty that information provided on the site will fulfill any of your particular purposes or needs.
12. Interruption. You agree and understand that use of any web site has with it inherent risks of unintended interrupted service. Beckett Auction Services shall act in a commercially reasonable manner and makes no warranty that your use of the site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, or that the results that may be obtained from the use of the site will be accurate or reliable, or the quality of any information or other material obtained by you through the site will meet your expectations. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the site is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. No information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Beckett Auction Services or through the site shall create any warranty on behalf of Beckett Auction Services not expressly stated in this agreement.
13. Limitation of Liability. You expressly understand and agree that Beckett Auction Services shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Beckett Auction Services has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use of the inability to use the site; unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmission of data; statements or conduct of any third party on the site; or any other matter relating to the site.
a) If you are dissatisfied with the site, or any of the information contained thereon, or refuses to abide by this agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue your use. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Beckett Auction Services' liability to you shall in no case exceed $100. You further agree not to join in any lawsuit with another person or serve as a class representative of any class action lawsuit against Beckett Auction Services arising out of the use of the site.
b) Additionally, you agree to hold Beckett Auction Services harmless from any and all claims arising out of any dispute between a buyer, seller or any other user of this site. We serve as a venue to facilitate transactions between buyers and sellers. In no way shall Beckett Auction Services be liable for improper use of the site and its services by users.
c) Beckett Auction Services shall not be held liable for any representations on third party sites in relation to the information provided on this site.
14. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void, voidable or unenforceable for any reason, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
15. Intellectual Property Rights. This site is protected by copyright, trademark, proprietary trade secrets and all other intellectual property rights as renumerated in State and Federal Law.. The logos, and other service marks and service names of Beckett Auction Services or Beckett Media LLC are owned or licensed by Beckett Auction Services or Beckett Media LLC. You agree not to copy, display or otherwise use any of the Marks without the prior written permission of Beckett Auction Services or Beckett Media LLC. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Marks may not be used in any manner likely to cause confusion, disparage or dilute these marks and/or in connection with any product or service that is not authorized or sponsored by Beckett Auction Services.
15. Acceptance of Conditions. Placement of a bid on any auction lot constitutes acceptance of all stated Rules, Terms and Conditions. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Beckett Auction Services with respect to your use of the site. There are no other representations, warranties, terms, agreements or conditions, either written or oral, with respect to your use of the site except as set forth in this Agreement.
16. Prospective bidder Purchaser shall not publicly announce or otherwise disclose, without the prior written consent of Beckett Auction Services or Beckett Media LLC, the existence, nature or extent of any business discussions and negotiations regarding Prospective bidders interest in the Property,
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I choose Beckett Auction Services over other auction sites?
The Beckett name has always stood for high integrity and unmatched ethics in everything we do. You can trust Beckett Auction Services to provide a fair and competitive auction environment for both consignors and bidders.
We also have immediate access to assist in getting cards graded through the top-rated Beckett Grading Services, plus getting items authenticated through JSA and providing a guideline for low print run cards through the price guide experts of Beckett Certified Appraisal. No other company can match the combined level of hobby expertise as Beckett Media - all under one roof!
Let the marketing power and reach of the Beckett name do all the work for you!
How do I bid in an auction?
You need to register at auctions.beckett.com to obtain your user ID and password. You can click here to register. Once you have registered, you may use that information to bid in future auctions.
What if I forget my bidder ID and/or password?
Use the FORGOT BIDDER ID link on your My Account page.
Use the LOST PASSWORD link on your My Account page.
Why do I need to register for auctions again since I already have a beckett.com account?
First, it's a double-check to verify your information is up to date, with your current contact information, correct shipping address and valid credit card. Second, it ensures that you understand and agree to the rules, terms and conditions of our auctions.
Can I use the same user ID and password for Beckett Auction Services that I use for beckett.com?
Yes! Just make sure you keep it secure, as you will be responsible for any bidding activity that occurs using your ID and password.
How do I update my account information?
To update your account, simply login to your Beckett Auction account at auctions.beckett.com, make your changes and hit save.
What is the Seller's Premium?
The seller's premium is the amount paid by the consignor to have their items sold in our auctions.
What is the Buyer's Premium?
The buyer's premium is the amount paid by the winning bidder on the final sold price of the lot. The current rate is 17%, but we do offer a 2% cash payment discount (cash, check, money order or cashier's check) which drops the Buyer's Premium down to 15%.
What are the bidding increments?
Bidding increments are different monetary levels that increase the bid on a particular lot. Bid increments are set at 10% increases for all lots for items up to $5,000 and 5% increases for items over $5,000.
What is a minimum bid?
A minimum bid is the lowest price that will be accepted for a particular lot.
What is a hidden reserve?
A lot that has a hidden reserve price means there is a confidential minimum price the consignor is willing to accept for that lot. If the reserve price is not met, the lot will not be sold.
Do you allow bid retractions?
There are no bid retractions and the winning bidder is bound to pay for the lot.
How do I consign an item to Beckett Auction Services?
Follow this link to learn how to consign with us. We do not accept unsolicited consignments.
What type of items do you accept?
We are seeking all high end, low print run, low pop report sports and non-sports cards, both modern and vintage. We accept both raw and graded cards. Raw cards must be unaltered! Any trimmed or manipulated cards will be shipped back at the consignor's expense. Graded cards must come from an approved company. We also currently accept autographs and autographed sports memorabilia, which have a COA from an approved company.
As a general rule of thumb, we are looking for items that will typically sell for $100 and above.
Items we are looking for include:
*High grade vintage cards/sets (raw and graded)
*High grade superstar modern rookie cards (raw and graded)
*Low print run patch cards, autographs, printing plates and more
*Superstar/HOF certified autograph trading cards
*Unopened wax, complete sets and more
*Certified autographs/autographed memorabilia
(see consignor rules for acceptable COA's)
COINS & PAPER MONEY
*Graded U.S. coins and U.S. paper money
What is the policy on consignments with regards to authentication?
We currently accept autographs and autographed sports memorabilia, which have a COA from an approved company, which include Beckett Authentic, Frozen Pond, JSA, Mounted Memories, Panini Authentic, PSA/DNA, Radke, Steiner, Tristar and UDA. Other items (including those without a COA) may be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Contact us if your items do not have a COA from a company listed above for authentication options (additional fees apply).
What is the policy on consignments with regards to graded cards?
Graded cards must come from an approved company, which include BGS, BVG, PSA and SGC. Submissions from any other grading company may be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Crossover grading services available at an additional cost.
What is the policy on consignments with regards to graded coins and currency?
Graded coins must come from an approved company, which include ANACS, ICG, NGC, PCGS and PMG. Submissions from any other grading company may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
How should I package my submissions to Beckett Auction Services?
Please secure your items (if cards, place in holders - please, no screw-downs), bubble wrap, etc. along with your completed and signed forms and send to:
Beckett Auction Services
4635 McEwen Rd.
Dallas, TX 75244
It is highly recommended to ship the item insured and utilize a delivery confirmation.
Can I drop off items at the Beckett HQ?
Yes! We will accept items and submission forms that are dropped off. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop off date and time.
Will you be accepting consignments at any shows?
Beckett Auction Services will be onsite at several shows in the near future. Please check out our social media accounts to find out what shows we will be accepting consignments at.
Do you accept framed items?
We will accept framed items for consignment. However, if you are bidding on a framed item, please remember that you are bidding on the actual item that is framed, not necessarily the frame. Though we take care in shipping out framed items that have been won, we are not responsible for any damage to the frame or the item.
How long do I have to pay for lot(s) won in a Beckett Auction?
We expect items to be paid within 7 days of the auction ending.
If I consign items, how soon do I get paid after an auction closes?
Payment will typically be issued within 3 weeks after the auction closes.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept credit cards (including American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA), check, money order, cashier's check and Paypal.
What will my shipping & handling costs be?
The shipping and handling costs are determined by the final value of the lot, plus the cost of insuring the lot in shipment. Oversized or heavy items may incur additional shipping charges.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we ship via USPS Global Priority Express for international sales. Some limits may apply.
Can I pick up items at the Beckett HQ?
Yes, you can pick up items at our main office in Dallas, assuming payment has been made and cleared. Please remember that items picked up are subject to the 8.25% Texas Sales Tax, unless we have a copy of your resale certificate on file. Please e-mail us at email@example.com to arrange a pick up date and time.
What is the return policy?
We do not accept returns. All sales are final, all items are sold "as is".
Do I have to pay sales tax if I win an item?
Residents of Texas must pay the 8.25% sales tax on all purchases. This can be waived if we have a copy of a resale certificate on file.
Do you buy items or collections outright?
Yes! Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the item(s) you are looking to sell.
When do the auctions end and do you use the "15-minute rule" or extended bidding on auctions?
Our auctions will end at 9pm CST on the last day of the auction. We do have the 15-minute rule implemented and for more information about extended bidding, please see the Bidder Ground rules here.
What is Beckett Certified Appraisal?
The Beckett Certified Appraisal service allows you to receive an appraisal value from a Beckett Sr. Market Analyst for all your favorite trading cards, including those with low print runs, 1/1's, show variations, printing variations, patch variations, professionally graded cards and more.
Do you offer any appraisal specials?
We do offer a special appraisal price if you submit a card for auction and want it appraised through Beckett Certified Appraisal. We take care of paying for the appraisal on the front-end and the charge will be deducted from your consignor payment. The current rate is $8.00 per card.
What is Beckett Grading Services?
Beckett Grading Services, or BGS, takes the integrity of the Beckett name and provides a grade based on the Centering, Corners, Edges and Surface of your cards. By grading your cards with BGS, you can increase the value, provide protection and create a tamper proof environment for all your high valued cards.
Do you offer any grading specials?
We do offer a special graded price if you submit a card for auction and want it graded through BGS or BVG. We take care of paying for the item on the front-end and the charge will be deducted from your consignor payment. Please contact us for current discounted rate.
Do you offer eBay services?
Yes! If you would rather have your items sold through e-Bay, we do offer a consignment service which features a flat rate of 25%.
How can I follow Beckett Auction Services?
You can follow us many ways! We are on Facebook (beckettauctions), Twitter (@beckettauctions) and Pinterest (Beckett Auctions).